Workshops at Member Schools
WORKSHOPS AT MEMBER SCHOOLS
World Peace Game Master Class with John Hunter
Date: March 11-15, 2019
Time: 8:30 a.m - 4:00 p.m. (2:00 p.m. Friday)
Location: Miami Country Day School
For more information and to register, please click here.
A Master Class with John Hunter (previous FCIS keynote speaker) is an unparalleled experience for teachers to come together in an environment insulated from the demanding rhythms and routines of the day in order to interrogate their own teaching practices. The five-day session certifies educators to use the World Peace Game in their classroom.
Classes are meant for teachers of all grade levels and subject areas.
Using John Hunter’s World Peace Game as an inspiring and challenging analogy, master class participants observe Hunter facilitating the Game live with students each morning. Afternoon sessions focus on introducing educators to the following:
- Guiding philosophy and pedagogical principles that underlie the Game
- Identifying the essential attributes necessary to facilitate the Game through a
- series of reflective questions and activities
- designing learning that is inspired by the principles and spirit of the game.
- Engagement and Student Ownership of Learning
- Game as Third Teacher
- Renewal, Reflection, Reinvention
- Strengths, Fears and Possibilities
- Moving from Control to Structure
- Being the Teachers Our Students Need
- Teacher as Designer
- Open Space Curriculum Design