>Aspiring Administrators' Institute
Aspiring Administrators' Institute
Opal Grand Resort, Delray Beach
July 25-26, 2021
“Are you sure you want to do this?”
(Just kidding, sort of)
Upper School Division Head,
Tampa Preparatory School
Lower School Principal,
Canterbury School of Florida
Middle School Director,
The Cushman School
Head of Upper School,
Palm Beach Day Academy
Teachers: Is Administration the Right
Next Step for You?
Consultant & Executive Director of Organizational Learning and Development Independent School Management (ISM)
• Important questions to pose when considering a transition to administration
• An understanding of what academic leadership is and what to expect as an academic leader
• An opportunity to consider your own motivations, strengths, and challenges
• A network of talented, like-minded peers
• Ideas for next steps
• Electronic folder of resources
Who should attend?
Teachers interested in transitioning––or newly transitioned––into an administrative position
Feedback from last year's participants:
What did you find most valuable?
• Clear approach presented will allow us to continue to grow our fundraising program
• Shared experience with colleagues
• So much information to help make changes to our school. Ideas can be applied immediately.
• Hearing personal experience, what works and what doesn’t work. Great content about governance and relationships.
• Time with team on this topic
Aspiring Administrators Registration: $550 (Members) | $650 (Non-Members)
If you click on a Register Here button above and do not see the registration form, try a different browser.
(Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
Opal Grand Resort is located at: 10 N Ocean Blvd, Delray Beach, FL 33483
Hotel Room: $169 (plus resort fee and applicable taxes)
Participants are expected to make their own hotel reservations. Registration fee does not include the price of the guest room. To make a reservation, click here to go to the hotel's website: Opal Grand Resort Reservations. By phone, call 877-433-5729 and identify yourself as part FCIS for the group rate.
Once the room block is sold out, there may not be rooms available at this rate.
Registration and Hotel Deadline: June 21, 2021
To receive the FCIS group rate at the resort, reservations must be made on or before this date.
Self-parking: $12 | Valet parking: $23
Cancellation & Refunds: All hotel cancellations must be made directly through the hotel and in accordance with hotel policy. Workshop refund requests must be made in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a $50 per person processing fee through June 14, 2021, with no refunds after this date.
Please contact Alison Carlson at email@example.com.
Acknowledgement of Risk and Safety Procedures: Participation in FCIS’ in-person events signifies an attendee’s acknowledgement of the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntary assumption of the risk of exposure or infection by attending the in-person event. Attendees agree to comply with all COVID-related procedures, including distancing and masking, that may be implemented by FCIS, in accordance with CDC, state, local, and hotel requirements and recommendations.