Early Childhood Institute
FCIS Early Childhood Institute | February 1, 2020
Attention Early Childhood educators and Administrators! Don't miss out on the FCIS Early Childhood Institute 2020.
Participation in the Early Childhood Institute is an outstanding opportunity for our faculties to volunteer to share their expertise and passion for teaching. Please take advantage of this opportunity to showcase innovative ideas and to network with other Early Childhood educators. Sessions should emphasize the best practices of FCIS teachers who provide engaging experiences for students through reflective, relevant and personalized learning and should allow time for discussion. We are looking forward to a program filled with diverse and dynamic sessions about teaching and learning.
Early Childhood educators are invited to submit proposals for a 50-minute presentation. Deadline for proposals: September 27, 2019.
What You Need To Know:
To submit your proposal, click on the link below and complete the form by September 27, 2019. Upon receipt of your proposal, you will receive an automatic email confirmation. If you do not receive confirmation, your form was not successfully submitted. Notifications will be emailed to each person submitting a proposal by mid-October. Cell phone numbers are requested to facilitate communication, if needed, during the summer months.
If selected, presenters are expected to:
- Obtain financial support from your school for travel, and expenses to attend the Institute. (The lead presenter will receive a complimentary registration to the Institute.)
- Book your hotel reservations.
- Make your travel arrangements.
- Provide handouts, if needed. You will be advised of the seating capacity in your break out room. However, you will not know the number of participants.
- Break out rooms will be set up with ‘theater’ seating to maximize audience. Each break out room will have a screen.
- Provide your own laptops and/or tablets, projectors, and an HDMI or VGA adaptor, if needed.
Questions? Please contact Julie Johnson at FCIS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-287-2820.
DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Sea World
10100 International Drive
All guest room reservations should be made directly with DoubleTree. Room rate is $149, single or double, plus applicable taxes. The easiest way to make your reservation is to use this weblink: FCIS DoubleTree Reservation or call the hotel and make your reservations by phone. The hotel reservation number is: 407-354-5027. You will need to identify yourself as an FCIS member and ask for the special rate.
Saturday, February 1, 2020
8:00 AM - 1:05 PM
7:45 AM - Registration
8:00 AM - Full Breakfast
9:00 AM - Keynote Speaker
10:15 AM - Breakout Session 1
11:15 AM - Breakout Session 2
12:15 PM - Breakout Session 3