Request for Proposals - Faculty Day
FACULTY DAY: NOVEMBER 8
FCIS and the Convention Steering Committee are seeking innovative and inspiring workshop proposals for the Faculty Day Sessions on Friday, November 8, 2019.
Participation in the Convention is an outstanding opportunity for our faculties to volunteer to share their expertise and passion for teaching. Please encourage your educators to take advantage of this opportunity to showcase their innovative ideas and to network with other FCIS faculty. Sessions should emphasize the best practices of FCIS teachers who provide engaging experiences for students through reflective, relevant and personalized learning and should allow time for discussion. In order to promote best practices, submissions should model these expectations by demonstrating unique strategies and providing student samples that inspire colleagues to consider implementing in their own classrooms. We are looking forward to a program filled with diverse and dynamic sessions about teaching and learning.
Educators from all levels and all curriculum areas are invited to submit proposals for a 50-minute presentation. Deadline for proposals: April 5, 2019.
What You Need To Know
To submit your proposal, click on the link below and complete the form by Friday, April 5, 2019. Upon receipt of your proposal, you will receive an automatic email confirmation. If you do not receive confirmation, your form was not successfully submitted. Decisions will be emailed to each person submitting a proposal by the beginning of June. Cell phone numbers are requested to facilitate communication, if needed, during the summer months.
If selected, presenters are expected to:
- Obtain financial support from their school for Convention registration, travel, and expenses to attend the Convention.
- Register and, if interested in attending the luncheon, purchase a ticket.
- Book your hotel reservations.
- Make your travel arrangements.
- Provide handouts, if needed. You will be advised of the seating capacity in your break out room. However, you will not know the number of participants.
- Break out rooms will be set up with ‘theater’ seating to maximize audience. Each break out room will have a screen, LCD projector, and cart.
- Presenters are expected to provide their own laptops and/or tablets and an HDMI or VGA adaptor, if needed. Internet access and other AV equipment must be requested on the proposal form.
Please contact Alison Carlson at FCIS at email@example.com or 813-287-2820.