New School Candidacy
New School Candidacy is available only for schools that have been operating for less than three years. If your school has been open for three years or more, please see Full Membership.
New School Candidacy allows new schools to participate in FCIS as they work towards full membership with the association. The benefits of New School Candidacy include:
- the ability to attend the FCIS Convention and other professional development offerings at the membership rate
- admittance to members-only webinars on standards, legal issues, and more
- legislative information and advocacy
- eligibility for the Dewitt E. and Vera Hooker Fellowship Grant
- access to critical data via DASL (Data and Analysis for School Leadership)
- subscriptions to FCIS publications, such as Independents
- networking opportunities with other independent schools
- guidance and help with the accreditation process
Interested in applying for New School Candidacy? Click here to learn more.