Full membership is available to schools that have been in operation for more than three years. If your school has been in operation for less than three years, please see New School Candidacy.
Full membership in FCIS is granted to schools who successfully complete FCIS evaluation and accreditation. Through the evaluation and accreditation process, the Florida Council of Independent Schools strives to assure that each member school maintains high standards and independence. The self-evaluation and accreditation process that each school undergoes is conducted to ensure that each school adheres to the high FCIS standards and fulfills its mission as stated.
Interested in applying for full membership with FCIS? Click here to learn more.
- the ability to attend the FCIS Convention and other professional development offerings at the membership rate
- admittance to members-only webinars on standards, legal issues, and more
- legislative information and advocacy
- eligibility for the Dewitt E. and Vera Hooker Fellowship Grant
- access to critical data via DASL (Data and Analysis for School Leadership)
- subscriptions to FCIS publications, such as Independents
- networking opportunities with other independent schools
- participation in the Master In-Service Program (MIP)
- free job postings on the FCIS website
- voting rights at the FCIS Annual Business Meeting