FKC membership and accreditation is available for schools that meet the following criteria:
- The school must be organized as a corporation (either for-profit or not-for-profit), as a proprietorship, an ecclesiastical (church-related) affiliation or a partnership.
- The school must have an enrollment of at least 25 students.
- The school must have students enrolled in kindergarten. Please note: Schools with programs extending beyond grade 2 must pursue accreditation with FCIS, not FKC. For more information on FCIS accreditation and membership, click here.
- The school may not operate as a daycare center, or have the words "child care" or "daycare" stated or implied in its official name.
- The school must be in operation for at least three years. Schools in operation for less than three years may qualify for "Provisional Affiliate" status. Please contact the FKC Office for more details.
- The school must have a written philosophy that guides the school's programs and operations.
- If not-for-profit, the school must have an independent governing Board whose sole function is the governance of the school.
- The school must have a curriculum consistent with its philosophy, as evidenced by a published curriculum guide.
- The school must not discriminate in admission or employment on the basis of race, religion, national or ethnic origin and must follow fair employment practices.
- The school must be financially solvent.