Benefits of FKC Membership
The Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC) established in 1968, is comprised of independent schools dedicated to maintaining high standards in early childhood programs. An early childhood school accredited by the Florida Kindergarten Council embraces goals which provide for the total development of young children as its paramount consideration. A healthy, happy, and challenging environment, where children are encouraged to grow and develop to the best of their abilities, is created and maintained.
- Establish and maintain exemplary educational and ethical standards for the membership.
- Accredit schools with early childhood programs which meet the published standards of the Florida Kindergarten Council.
- Provide support services to member schools to include: professional development, shared resources, collaboration and accreditation guidelines.
- Make membership information available to Florida independent schools with early childhood programs.
- Disseminate and promote legislation, through the relationship with Florida Association of Academic Non-Public Schools (FAANS), for the protection of school patrons and for the elevation of standards for Florida Kindergarten Council schools.
- Five-year evaluation cycle by a committee of peer educators
- Accreditation based on compliance with FKC standards
- Co-accreditation with Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS) for schools with students above grade 2
- 150 member schools
- Publicizes notable member schools' news
- Posts job openings
- Hosts annual convention
FKC provides member schools affordable, exciting and current workshops, seminars and the opportunity
- to participate as a team member on FKC evaluation teams
- to attend a session on “Preparing your school for an Evaluation” at the annual FKC Convention
- to present at the FKC Convention on a topic of research or successful practice
- to enrich their school's early childhood program through an annually awarded grant
- FKC, as a member of FAANS (Florida Association of Academic Non-public Schools), provides members with substantive legislative information