Applying for New School Candidacy
The following are the steps for applying for New School Candidacy (NSC).
1. CLICK HERE to fill out the online inquiry form. Be sure to fill out all fields completely.
2. FCIS will evaluate your inquiry to determine possible eligibility for NSC. If eligible, you will be contacted to schedule a Site Visit with a representative from FCIS. The Site Visit will be conducted at no charge to the school. For more information on the Site Visit, click here.
3. The Site Visit report will be reviewed by FCIS. If it is deemed that the school should enter into the NSC process, the school will be sent an official application. The school must return the completed application and the $500.00 application fee to continue with the process.
4. Once the application and fee are received, the school will be assigned an FCIS Chairperson who will conduct a New School Candidacy Evaluation with a team of 1-2 people. The school must bear the expense of reimbursement to the team for any travel costs incurred. For more information on the New School Candidacy Evaluation, click here.
5. The New School Candidacy Evaluation report will be reviewed by the FCIS Commission on Accreditation and Board of Directors. If approved, the school receives New School Candidacy status within FCIS upon the payment of annual dues.
The following is the 2017-2018 annual dues structure for FCIS members and NSCs:
$316 + $7.37 per each student
$1727.00 + $5.50 per each student over 100
$2806.00 + $4.51 per each student over 200
$3678.00 + $3.94 per each student over 300
$4513.00 + $3.22 per each student over 400
$5151.00 + $2.39 per each student over 500
$6121.00 + $2.33 per each student over 700
Over 1000 students
$7465.00 + $2.13 per each student over 1000
Still have unanswered questions? Check out the Inquiring Schools FAQ, or contact the FCIS Office at (813) 287-2820.