Applying for Full Membership
The following are the steps for applying for full membership.
1. CLICK HERE to fill out the online inquiry form. Be sure to fill out all fields completely.
2. FCIS will evaluate your inquiry to determine possible eligibility for membership. If eligible, you will be contacted to schedule a Site Visit with a representative from FCIS. The Site Visit will be conducted at no charge to the school. For more information on the Site Visit, click here.
3. The Site Visit report will be reviewed by FCIS. If it is deemed that the school should enter into the accreditation process, the school will be sent an official application. The school must return the completed application and the $500.00 application fee to continue with the process.
4. Once the application and fee are received, the school will be assigned an FCIS Chairperson who will conduct an Original Evaluation for membership with a team of 6-14 people, depending upon the size of the school. This evaluation must take place within 12 months of the school's submission of the FCIS application and application fee. The school bears the costs of reimbursement for the team members' travel expenses. FCIS does not charge accreditation fees. For more information on the accreditation process, click here.
5. The Original Evaluation report will be reviewed by the FCIS Commission on Accreditation and Board of Directors. If approved, the school receives accreditation and full membership status within FCIS upon the payment of annual dues.
The following is the 2017-2018 annual dues structure for FCIS members and NSCs:
$316.00 + $7.37 per each student
$1727.00 + $5.50 per each student over 100
$2806.00 + $4.51 per each student over 200
$3678.00 + $3.94 per each student over 300
$4513.00 + $3.22 per each student over 400
$5151.00 + $2.39 per each student over 500
$6121.00 + $2.33 per each student over 700
Over 1000 students
$7465.00 + $2.13 per each student over 1000
Looking for more information? Check out our Inquiring Schools FAQ, or contact the FCIS Office at (813) 287-2820.